Pentel Graphgear 1000 Revisit


I initially reviewed the Pentel GraphGear line nearly 2 years ago. Since then, I have gotten many more pencils, but there is still one pencil I always come back to: the GraphGear 1000. My GG1000 was one of the first pencils I ever got. It has been on many adventures, chewed through hundreds of lead sticks, and truly stood the test of time. The only sign this pencils isn’t brand new is the Pentel branding that has rubbed off over the years. In this short, sentimental post, I wanted to revisit my initial review and add some more thoughts.


As I said before, this is one of my all-time favorite pencils. I would go so far as to say it has taken the #1 spot. I find myself coming back to it again and again. Whenever I need a pencil, I almost instinctively reach for the GG1000. The only issue I mentioned was the plastic portion connecting the main body to the grip. After 4 years of continual use, I have had no issues with cracking or breakage. There is no wiggle or give in the mechanism thus far. (Knock on wood.) The clip hasn’t bent, tip hasn’t snapped, and I haven’t lost the cap. The rubber bits on the grip are still firm, and are beyond comfortable to hold.


I would still recommend this pencil to anyone wanting something long-lasting and comfortable to use. For $12, it is a worthwhile investment. 


Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Platinum Pro-Use 171

Review: The GraphGear Line

Ohto Super ProMecha: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly